Public Records


Public Records Requests


As a public agency, the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea adheres to the California Public Records Act (CPRA) which requires that governmental records shall be disclosed to the public, upon request, unless there is a specific reason not to do so. 

  • To request public records pertaining to the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea please contact
  • To review copies of property files for properties in the City limits please visit the GIS map located here. If you have additional questions regarding the information found here please contact the Community Planning and Building Department or call (831) 620-2010

Some records may fall outside of the City’s jurisdiction. These include marriage licenses and other vital records. Please contact Monterey County Clerk’s Office to request these records.