Support the Library
The Harrison Memorial Library benefits from the combination of the superb Carmel Public Library Foundation, Friends of the Harrison Memorial Library, Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees and an extremely generous public constituency. Through this support, the library is able to provide programming for all ages, enrich our collections and furnish our facilities.
Ways to Support the Library
Donate to the Carmel Public Library Foundation. Though the Library is a department of the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea, we receive only a portion of our funding from the City. Through the gifts, donations and bequests of its members, CPLF provides the majority of funds for all of the books, materials, programs and services of the Library.
- Friends of Harrison Memorial Library is a 501(c)(3) volunteer organization dedicated to our library programs. Stop by the library for a membership form, or to become a member contact Carole Frederickson, Membership Chairman, at (831) 626-9067 or fill out this form and send $10.00 in dues to:
Friends of Harrison Memorial Library
PO Box 87
Carmel, CA 93921
- The Friends are accepting book donations! You can donate materials to Friends of the Library for the annual book sale by dropping them off at Sunset Center (San Carlos Street and Tenth Avenue) on Tuesday mornings between 10 am and noon.
Here’s what we need:
- Fiction and non-fiction of all types – including travel, nature, science, sci-fi, sports, music, animals, crafts, cookbooks, biographies, history, poetry and art
- Collectibles – first editions, signed, rare and antiquarian books
- Picture books for infants and toddlers
- Books for children and young adults of all ages
- DVDs and CDs (music and audiobooks)
- We cannot accept vinyl records or music cassettes; magazines, maps or yearbooks; encyclopedias, textbooks or computer software; books that have been underlined or highlighted; computer manuals over 3 years old; Reader’s Digest Condensed Books.
- The Friends of the Harrison Memorial Library annual book sale is held every August at the Carmel Mission School Gym. Net proceeds from the sale go to the Harrison Memorial Library.
This year’s dates:
Thursday, August 8. 11-4 pm, members pre-sale (join for $10 at the door)
Friday and Saturday, August 9-10, 10-4 pm, open to the public