Residential Parking Permits are available to residents and owners of residential property in the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Below is a listing of required documents in order to purchase a Residential Parking Permit:
- Valid/Current Vehicle Registration
- Proof of Residency (Property Tax Bill, Utility Bill, Lease
- Proof document must indicate the resident’s physical address (No PO boxes)
The residential parking permit authorizes you and ONLY you to park your vehicle:
- Three (3) hours in the two (2) hour parking zones
- One (1) hour in the thirty (30) minute zones
- Residential areas designated for Resident Permit Parking
- Parking in the Del Mar Parking Lot and on Scenic Road after midnight
- Valid for the calendar year of purchase
Residential Parking Permits are available for purchase at the Carmel-by-the-Sea Police Department located at the Southeast Corner of Junipero Street and Fourth Avenue – Monday through Friday, 8am – 4pm. For any questions, please contact the Carmel-by-the-Sea Police Department at 831-624-6403.
Free, 30 minute & 2-hour curbside parking is available on every block in the Central Business District.
Free, unlimited time parking is available at the following locations:
- Vista Lobos public parking lot, located on Torres Street and 3rd Avenue
- Center median streets and curbside spaces on Junipero Avenue between 3rd and 5th Avenues.
- The Sunset Center north parking lot located on 8th Avenue between Mission and San Carlos Streets
- Most residential streets outside the Central Business District.
- The Del Mar parking lot, located at the base of Ocean Avenue near the beach. NO large vehicles over 6 tons, 20 feet in length or over 7 1/2 feet tall allowed at this location.
Recreational Vehicles (RVs) are welcome to utilize timed spaces in the Central Business District, adhering to posted limits. Occupying 2 spaces is permitted. If outside of the timed spaces in the Central Business District, a 6-hour limit applies.
No camping or overnight parking is permitted.