Human Resources recruits, develops, and works to retain a diverse, well-qualified workforce that reflects the high standards of the community, and leads the City departments in positive employee relations, talent management, succession planning, and employee engagement.
The purpose of Human Resources is to:
- Lead strategic planning to align employee skills, staffing, and productivity with City goals in order to deliver premier services to the community of Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Support City departments and employees in achieving their key goals and objectives
- Provide a range of services to City employees, including new employee orientation, staffing and recruitment management, talent and skill development, performance assessment, and safety and wellness programs
- Deliver employee relations, compensation, job classification, risk management, and organization development services efficiently to City departments.
- Pay Schedule General Employees Unit (LIUNA)- Effective January 1, 2023
- Pay Schedule Management Employees Unit (LIUNA) - Effective July 1, 2022
- Pay Schedules At-Will - Effective January 1, 2023
- Pay Schedule Temp/Hourly Classifications - Effective July 1, 2019
- Pay Schedule POA Unit - Effective July 1, 2022
- Pay Schedule Carmel Fire Ambulance Association - Effective July 1, 2022
The State Controller’s Government Compensation in California website provides information on employee pay and benefits for approximately 2 million positions at more than 5,000 public employers. Public employers annually report employee compensation to the State Controller’s Office. View and search employee job titles, build charts and graphics and download custom reports and raw data.
Memorandum of Understanding
- MOU General Employee Unit FY 22-24
- MOU Managment Employees Unit FY 22-24
- Police Officers Association MOU
- MOU Fire & Ambulance Association FY 22-23
City Administrator and City Attorney Contract Agreements
- City Administrator - Agreement Commence March 2016
- City Administrator - Amendment #1 August 2017
- City Administrator - Amendment #2 - Effective March 2018
- City Administrator - Amendment #3 - Effective June 2020
- City Administrator - Amendment #4 - Effective November 2020
- City Administrator - Amendment #5 Effective October 2021
- City Administrator - Amendment #6 Effective October 2022
- City Attorney Services - Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP - October 7, 2019
CalPERS Valuation Reports
CalPERS provides actuarial services on pension plans for state, school, and public agency employers and uses periodic actuarial valuations to disclose funded status and determine employer contribution requirements. Learn more from CalPers about the City’s required employer contributions.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Provides short-term counseling and referrals and is confidential and free.
There are times when everyone needs a little help or advice. The EAP through MHN can help with things like stress, anxiety, depression, chemical dependency, relationship issues, legal issues, parenting questions, financial counseling, and dependent care resources.
- Unlimited free phone access 24/7. Call 1-800-242-6220.
- Unlimited web access 24/7 to helpful articles, resources, and self-assessment tools. Go to https://www.mhn.com/members.html (employer key: carmel) for more information.
- In-person help for short-term issues; up to 3 sessions per incident per family member per year or