Human Resources recruits, develops, and works to retain a diverse, well-qualified workforce that reflects the high standards of the community, and leads the City departments in positive employee relations, talent management, succession planning, and employee engagement.
The purpose of Human Resources is to:
- Lead strategic planning to align employee skills, staffing, and productivity with City goals in order to deliver premier services to the community of Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Support City departments and employees in achieving their key goals and objectives
- Provide a range of services to City employees, including new employee orientation, staffing and recruitment management, talent and skill development, performance assessment, and safety and wellness programs
- Deliver employee relations, compensation, job classification, risk management, and organization development services efficiently to City departments.
- LIUNA General Classifications
- LIUNA Management Classifications
- Police Officer Association Classifications
- At-Will Classifications
- Part-Time / Hourly Classifications
The State Controller’s Government Compensation in California website provides information on employee pay and benefits for approximately 2 million positions at more than 5,000 public employers. Public employers annually report employee compensation to the State Controller’s Office. View and search employee job titles, build charts and graphics and download custom reports and raw data.