Planning Commission meetings are open to the public. Regular meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located on Monte Verde Street between Ocean and Seventh Avenues. Tours of Inspection are held between 2 pm and 4 pm the day of the meeting and may include some or all of the projects on the agenda.
- Chair Michael LePage – Term expires 10/2021
- Vice Chair Gail Lehman – Term expires 10/2021
- Commissioner Christopher Bolton – Term expires 10/2022
- Commissioner Stephanie Locke – Term expires 10/2023
- Commissioner Robert Delves – Term expires 10/2024
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- To develop and maintain a General Plan.
- To develop specific plans, master plans and area plans as may be necessary or desirable.
- To periodically, at least once each fiscal year, review the capital improvement program of the City.
- To determine the consistency of capital improvements projects and programs with the General Plan.
- To prepare an annual report to the City Council on the status of the General Plan and progress in its application.
- To interpret the meaning and intent of the City’s land use code.
- To hear and render decisions on appeals of discretionary decisions made by administrative officials.
- To review environmental impact reports and initial studies.
- To conduct public hearings, review evidence and determine
requests for use permits, variances, lot line adjustments,
subdivisions, rezones and land use code amendments.
To act on design review and design study applications.
- To act on Coastal Development permits and applications.
- To review the water management plan annually. (Ord. 2009-07 Att. A, 2009; Ord. 2004-02 § 1, 2004; Ord. 2004-01 § 1, 2004).