Encroachment Permits


An encroachment permit is necessary when building or conducting any work in the City right-of-way, City-owned land, or within a City easement. This requirement applies to contractors, residents, businesses, and utility companies.

A few examples of work requiring and Encroachment Permit include:

  • Installing or modifying a driveway approach
  • Excavating in the city street to access underground utilities
  • Parking a dumpster or temporary storage device in the street


Application for Temporary Encroachment Permit

Application for Permanent Encroachment Permit

Application for Driveway Replacement Permit


Construction work in the public right-of-way that will impede pedestrian or vehicular traffic requires a traffic control plan. 

Traffic Control Plan Guidelines