Street Sweeping Schedule
In addition to maintaining the attractiveness of city streets by removing unsightly litter, street sweeping is an integral part of the City’s Storm Water Quality Program. By removing trash, debris, and polluted sediment from roadways and gutters, street sweeping helps minimize the environmental impacts of urban runoff into Carmel Bay. Street sweeping is conducted early in the morning in Downtown Carmel, when few cars are present, to maximize the efficacy of the program.
- Downtown – Fourth Street to Eighth Street and Junipero Ave. to Monte Verde Street
- S/W Section – Ocean Ave. to Santa Lucia and San Carlos Street to Scenic Road
- N/W Section – Alta Ave. to Ocean Ave. and San Carlos Street to San Antonio Ave.
- Del Mar
- S/E Section – San Carlos Street to Forest Road and Ocean Ave. to Rio Road
- Downtown– Fourth Street to Eighth Street and Junipero Ave. to Monte Verde Street
- Del Mar
- N/E Section – First Street to Ocean Ave. and San Carlos to Monterey Street
Every other Friday:
- Scenic Ave.
- Finish any leftover sections
- Vehicle Maintenance
Schedule subject to change due to:
- Residential requests
- Inclement weather