Maps & Buildings
Maps & Buildings
Home & Building Research
Carmel House & Building Research: A resource guide put together by our local history librarian
- City of Carmel Building Permits: 1920-Feb 1928; 1928-Jan 1934; 1939-1940
- City of Carmel Property Files: construction information, permits and plans for individual properties within city limits
- Inventory of Historic Carmel Buildings: Part I (Blocks A-69) and Part II (Blocks 70-End)
- Carmel Development Company Collection: Business records of the development of Carmel, from Devendorf and Powers, 1891-1997. (Full collection guide)
- List of Deeds of Property, Carmel Development Company Papers (1903-1935)
- Fire Insurance Maps Online: Access through your library account. Historical maps of Monterey County houses and buildings, 1880s-1950s. ((Email email@example.com to request additional maps.)
- Homes of Famous Carmelites (Additional information)
- House Names in Carmel (This map is not created or maintained by the City of Carmel-By-The-Sea.)
- Old Carmel on Historypin: Explore Carmel’s history overlaid on today’s streets. Find Jo Mora’s studio, George Sterling’s home, Carmel’s first library and much more.
Historic Building Brochures
- Artists and Artisans - Carmel Woods
- The Eighty Acres - Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Historic Houses - Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Historic Inns - Carmel-by-the-Sea
More in the Library
Available at the Local History Department in the Park Branch Library.
- Carmel Preservation Foundation Collection: Survey of Carmel buildings, builders and architects conducted 1990s-2000s.
- City directories and reverse look-ups (1926-present, some gaps)
- M.J. Murphy estimates/costs for home building/projects (1915-1917)