News & Magazines
- Access World News: US & world news
- California Digital Newspaper Collection: Selected newspapers, 1846-present
- Carmel Magazine: 2006-present
- Carmel Pine Cone: 1915-2006 (with some search tips) and 2007-present
- Consumer Reports: Online version
- Flipster: download popular magazines, like National Geographic or Rolling Stones
- Gale OneFile Newsstand: US & world news articles & broadcasts
- Monterey County Herald: Search articles from 2002-present
- Monterey County Weekly: Archived and searchable, 1998-present
- Monterey Historical Newspapers: 1846-1964
New York Times in the library or offsite – Create an account with your personal email address, or “Log In” if you already have created an account. Offsite use gives you a one-time pass, but you can revisit our link every day.
New York Times restrictions:
- Mobile apps are available only for off-site access.
- Articles from 1923-1980 are not available for on-site access. However, you can access 5 articles per day from this date range via off-site access.
- The Crosswords app is not included. However, crosswords from the past week, as well as a handful from the archive, are available in the Crosswords section.
- The Cooking app is not included, but you can access recipes via the Food section on nytimes.com.