Find something good to check out? Of course you did. Here’s what you need to know about borrowing and your account.
Loan periods and limits
- Borrowing: You can borrow as many books, audiobooks, and DVDs as you want at a time, and keep them for 3 weeks. If you need more time, your items will automatically renew twice if no one else has placed a hold.
- Overdues: No late fines! However, if you have items more than 35 days overdue, you need to return or pay for them in order to borrow new items or place a hold.
- Online Access: Your library card also gives you access to streaming and downloadable items, which you can access from anywhere with an Internet connection.
You can return your items to either the Harrison Memorial Library or the Park Branch Library, or to our outside book drops. Book drops are open 24/7 and are located:
- behind the Harrison Library at the corner of Sixth and Lincoln
- in the Park Branch side parking lot
If you return items to another peninsula library, your items may be delayed in delivery and will be checked in the day received at our library.
Holds and renewals
All materials, save for items on hold, Parks Passes and Readalongs, are automatically renewed two times after checkout.
Place a hold through our catalog with your library card number and your PIN, or by phone at (831) 624-4629.
If you have items more than 35 days overdue, you need to return them before you can place a hold.
Ask for a book
Want something that’s not in our collection?
- Ask the library to purchase it.
- Request it through Zip Books.
- Check the Monterey and Pacific Grove Public Libraries.
- See if another library has it.
Lost or damaged items
If an item is not returned or is returned in damaged condition, the borrower will be charged the list price of the item. The Library does not accept replacement items.
- Printing – $.20/page for black and white, $.50/page for color
- Copying – $.20/page
- List price for lost or damaged books, audiobooks, DVDs