If you’re looking for an item that’s not in the Library’s collections, here are your options:
Zip Books – Get books, audiobooks and DVDs delivered
During the Library closure, we are relaxing previous restrictions. You can request books, audiobooks or DVDs and have them delivered to your home, even if the Library already owns a copy or it’s new release!
What qualifies for Zip Books?
- Books, audiobooks (including Playaways) and DVDs.
- Books must cost less than $50.00 through Amazon, $75 for audiobooks or Playaways, or $30 for DVDs.
- Materials must already be released.
How do I request a Zip Book?
- Complete the Zip Books request form.
- Library staff will review the request and send you an email update within 1 week.
- If your Zip Books request is approved, you’ll receive a package containing your requested item.
- You may request up to 3 Zip Books per month.
- You must have a current Harrison Memorial Library card in good standing.
How do I return a Zip Book?
- Please do not return Zip Books until the Library is reopened.
- All materials will have a due date of June 30.
- Please keep the packing slip to return with the item when the Library is reopened.
Ask the library to buy it
Purchase Suggestions – You can ask the library to buy items by logging into your account and choosing Your Purchase Suggestions from the menu.
Look in our digital collections
Check the Monterey and Pacific Grove Public Libraries
You can search both their catalogs with one easy search.
Get it from another library
Interlibrary Loan – Books and articles can be borrowed from other libraries for a $5 fee. Ask your librarian in person, or call (831) 624-7323.