Bulletin Board Policy
The library provides one Community Information bulletin board in the Main Library and one in the Park Branch Youth Services Department for the posting of local publications of community interest. There are two additional bulletin boards located in the Main Library: one reserved for the exclusive use of the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea and one reserved for the posting of library policies.
The library supplies these spaces in order to make cultural, educational, historical and recreational notices available to the public. Library bulletin boards are not available for personal, commercial, political, religious or profit-making purposes; only nonprofit organization information will be accepted.
- Items to be posted will be collected at the Main Library and Youth Services circulation desks.
- All materials for the bulletin board must be stamped and dated by a library staff member. Anything that is not stamped and dated will be removed.
- Due to space restrictions, no item larger than 12” x 16” can be posted. Smaller posters and flyers are accepted and encouraged.
- With the exception of ongoing programs which benefit the community or library,
- items may be left on the bulletin board until the event has been completed, or for no more than two weeks (whichever comes first).
- Only one copy of each item will be posted.
Information will be displayed on the bulletin boards in the following priority order:
- Library events and notices
- Carmel Public Library Foundation and / or Friends of Harrison Memorial Library events and notices
- Events and notices from educational, cultural, historical or recreational nonprofit organizations.
The posting of information on the Community Bulletin Board does not imply that the library endorses any particular cause or activity. The library reserves the right to remove any posted item.
(Revised May 2010)