Coronavirus: How to Stay Informed
The coronavirus pandemic is changing our lives in numerous ways every day. Trying to stay on top of breaking news and ever-changing government guidelines while sorting good information out from bad is both taxing and tiring.
Here are some resources to help you find and assess relevant, reputable and up-to-date information:
- Spot Fake News: Sifting Through the Pandemic, a guide to the skills that will make a dramatic difference in your ability to sort fact from fiction on the web, from Washington State University.
Understand the Deeper Impacts: Tackling the Coronavirus
Contributing to a Global Effort, information on key impacts, policy responses, data sets, country profiles, and more from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Get the Bigger Picture: Coronavirus News Monitor, which tracks the latest information on the pandemic, along with current levels of panic, misinformation, and other topics conveyed in the media.
Up-to-date news feeds that cover the changing reality of the pandemic on a local, national and international level.
- CNN: Coronavirus Live Updates
- Monterey County Weekly: Monterey County in the Time of Coronavirus
- New York Times: The Coronavirus Outbreak
Health Information & Government Guidelines
Information on shelter-in-place orders, health recommendations and government guidelines.