Computer & eResource Help
The library offers assistance with all of our digital resources (eBooks, audiobooks, music, movies, and magazines) and general computer help on the first and third Saturday of each month between 1 and 3 pm. Or call the Reference Desk at (831) 624-7323.
Be prepared with your:
- Device, with login and password
- Library card number and PIN
Copies, Printing & Internet Access
Unlimited wifi access is available at both the Main and Park Branch Libraries.
Copy machines are available in the Reference Room at the Main Library and in the Children’s Department at the Park Branch Library.
Printing from your mobile device is available at the Main Library.
We deliver library materials to homebound people living in Carmel-by-the-Sea and the surrounding unincorporated area. Call the Outreach Librarian at (831) 624-4629 to receive books, audiobooks, DVDs and reference information.
We also offer assistance in completing application forms for the California State Library’s Braille and Talking Book Library.
- Interlibrary loan - Books and articles can be borrowed from other libraries for a $5 fee. Ask your librarian in person, or call (831) 624-7323.
- Recommendations for Purchase – You can request the library purchase titles by logging into your account and choosing Your Purchase Suggestions from the menu.
Request books or audiobooks and have them delivered to your home! Just return the item to the library when you are done reading.
What qualifies for Zip Books service?
- Books or audiobooks that are not already owned by the Library.
- Books must cost less than $50.00 through Amazon, or $75 for audiobooks.
- Books must already be published – no forthcoming books.
How to request Zip Books
- You must have a current Harrison Memorial Library card in good standing.
- Complete the Zip Books request form online or and submit it in person at the Library.
- Library staff will review the request to determine eligibility. We will send an email update about your request status within 1 week.
- If your Zip Books request is approved, you will receive a package containing your requested item and a note on the packing slip indicating ‘Zip Books’. Please keep the slip in the book until you return it to the library.
- You may request up to 3 Zip Books per month.
How to return Zip Books
- Zip Books item must be returned in-person to the Library. Please include the packing slip when you return the item to the Library service desk.
- You may not return Zip Books in the book drop
Services for persons with disabilities
Persons with disabilities who do not wish to use the stairs can enter the library to the right of the main entrance. This entrance is accessible via exterior ramps, and there is a bell outside the door for patrons who need additional assistance. A laptop computer with Zoomtext is available for patrons who are unable to access the public internet terminals in the reference room.
The ClearView Video Magnifier System in the reference room magnifies print to help people with limited vision. It magnifies anything placed under it up to 50 times its original size, and can change foreground and background colors.
Call for an appointment – (831) 624-7323. No “drop-in” test proctoring is available. Student must provide current photo identification, and bring all necessary supplies, including envelopes and postage if needed.
We will meet the testing institution’s requirements whenever possible, but reserve the right to refuse proctoring services if the requirements exceed staff or facility capabilities. The library will not keep copies of test materials.