Sandcastle Contest 2021
Join the City of Carmel and the Monterey Bay Chapter of the AIA on Saturday, October 2, 2021. Building begins at 8:00 a.m. and judging starts at 12:00 p.m. between Tenth and Twelfth Avenues. To celebrate the 60th year of the contest our theme this year is 60,000 Leagues Under the Sea – interpret how you will!
This event is free and open to the public. Registration (free) is the day of the contest on the beach – just find our info booth.
Rules and Regulations
- First and foremost: HAVE FUN!
- Always use stairways going to and from the beach. Walking on slopes and beach bluffs is prohibited.
- Build sand castles within the designated contest boundaries.
- The contest is open to all ages.
- Skill level is not important – judging takes place in many categories.
- Following the theme is not required, but remember that you will be limiting yourself in the number of categories in which you may be judged.
- Artistic expression is encouraged – just keep it family friendly.
- No power tools may be used.
- Sand castles and/or sculptures must be made of natural materials found at the beach. No paints or artificial colorings may be used.
- Commercial or political advertising is not appropriate.
- A project may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- Dogs are best left at home, but if you must bring them keep them on a short leash. One stray dog can ruin a day’s hard work in a few minutes.
- Please respect the beach and your fellow beach goers by cleaning up after yourself.
- Bribery of Sand Castle Officials is condoned and encouraged. Bribes should be kept in good taste (or at least taste good). Monetary bribes cannot be accepted.
- The judges’ decisions are arbitrary and final :)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831) 620-2020