Planning Commission meetings are open to the public. Regular meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located on Monte Verde Street between Ocean and Seventh Avenues. Tours of Inspection are held at 3:15 p.m. the day of the meeting at the site of the first item on the Tour Agenda.
- Christopher Bolton – Term expires 10/2018
- Michael LePage – Term expires 10/2021
- Gail Lehman – Term expires 10/2021
- Stephanie Locke – Term expires 10/2019
- Julie Wendt – Term expires 10/2020
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- To develop and maintain a General Plan.
- To develop specific plans, master plans and area plans as may be necessary or desirable.
- To periodically, at least once each fiscal year, review the capital improvement program of the City.
- To determine the consistency of capital improvements projects and programs with the General Plan.
- To prepare an annual report to the City Council on the status of the General Plan and progress in its application.
- To interpret the meaning and intent of the City’s land use code.
- To hear and render decisions on appeals of discretionary decisions made by administrative officials.
- To review environmental impact reports and initial studies.
- To conduct public hearings, review evidence and determine requests for use permits, variances, lot line adjustments, subdivisions, rezones and land use code amendments.
To act on design review and design study applications.
- To act on Coastal Development permits and applications.
- To review the water management plan annually. (Ord. 2009-07 Att. A, 2009; Ord. 2004-02 § 1, 2004; Ord. 2004-01 § 1, 2004).