In addition to issue special event permits and beach event permits, the Community Activities Department also issues film permits for special events.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 620-2020.
Any person wishing to use drones, film, videotape or photograph scenes or actions for commercial use need to obtain a film permit prior to doing so. Amateurs making noncommercial films and assisted by no more than one other person, or filming of news events by accredited representatives of news agencies are not required to obtain a permit. The following are required:
- Certificate of insurance for a minimum of $1 million naming the jurisdiction (and its officers, agents and employees) as additionally insured
- Written locations breakdown or description
- Signature of an authorized representative
- Payment in advance of the project
- Drone operators must provide a copy of operators license
- Liability insurance is required