Wood Burning Fires
- Wood burning beach fires are only allowed in
City-supplied wood burning fires pits
- 6 City fire pits are located south of 10th avenue
- Wood burning fires are allowed from 4:00 p.m. – 10:00
- Burn clean dry wood to minimize smoke
- Do not burn driftwood
- Do not burn trash
- Use a small amount of water to cool the fire after use
- Do not put sand into fire pits
- City fire pits are available on a first-come-first-served
basis; Fire pits cannot be reserved
- Use of self-supplied propane fire devices is allowed south of
- Use of self-supplied propane fire devices are allowed
from 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Propane fire devices must be 25 feet from the base of the
bluff or dunes
- Charcoal grills are not allowed
- No fuel based lanterns such as Tiki torches.
- No temporary structures such as tents, canopies or similar
- No smoking on the beach or scenic pathway.
- No littering. Use trash carts at top of the staircases
along the pathway or the Del Mar parking lot
- No alcohol on the scenic pathway. Consumption of alcohol is
allowed on the beach.
- No accessing the beach via the protected beach bluffs.
Use stairways and designated pathways.
- Dogs must be on a leash or under voice command
control on the beach and must be on a leash on the scenic