Requests for Bids and RFPs
Request for Proposals (RFP) for General Plan Housing and Safety Element Updates
Notice is hereby given that the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea is
soliciting proposals from qualified professionals to update
the General Plan Housing Element and Safety Element. The
Consultant will partner with City staff to facilitate community
engagement, work with elected officials to present
recommendations and gather feedback, prepare the updates for
adoption, and coordinate with the State HCD and OPR to
ensure certification. Proposals are due by 4:00 P.M. PST on
January 3, 2023.
RFP General Plan Housing and Safety Elements Update
Request for Statement of Qualifications for Architectural, Engineering, Project Management, and Other Professional Services
On June 30, 2022, the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea (City) will discard all Statements of Qualifications (SOQs), letters of interest, and obsolete technical proposals currently on file. The City is now requesting new SOQs from qualified consultants to provide architectural, engineering, project management, environmental, planning, and various other professional services for the term, July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2025, to facilitate the implementation of the City’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and to support a variety of other municipal services, programs, and initiatives. Please see below the Request for Statement of Qualifications packet for more information.
April 27, 2022 – The Request for Statement of Qualifications has been revised. Page 8 “SOQ Order and Page Limits” has been revised from a maximum of 17 pages to a maximum of 18 pages.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Library RFID and Self-Service Technology Systems and Software
The City of Carmel-by-the-Sea is seeking proposals from qualified vendors to install Radio Frequency Identification System (RFID) hardware, software and self-service systems, and to add Koha ILS-compatible patron self service options for the Harrison Memorial and Park Branch Libraries.
Proposals are due by 10:00 A.M. PDT on August 26, 2022. The Library shall record the date and time received on the exterior of the envelope or box. Proposals shall be opened in public at 10:00 A.M. PDT on August 26, 2022. Proposers do not need to be in attendance for the opening. The Library will then review proposals based upon the evaluation criteria.
Please see below for more information.
Proposal Questions and Answers
Questions received by the City on or before July 29, 2022. City answers/responses to submitted questions appear below each submitted question in italics.
- Question: Page 16, B.10.1 Complete and submit Attachment 7 The Library will require fixed maintenance fees for five (5) years following implementation. Will the Library require fixed maintenance fees for 5 years after the initial one-year warranty?
City Answer: Yes.
- Question: Does the estimated project cost stated in the June 2022 Board Meeting Agenda include fixed maintenance costs?
City Answer: No. It does not. This would be included by the Library in future year operating budgets.
- Question: RFP page 13; Section B.2.1 mentions an “ERP.” Could the library please clarify the meaning of this acronym?
City Answer: “ERP” stands for Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Question: RFP page 14, Section B.5.3 addresses library staffing. Could the library please provide vendors with a snapshot of FTE at each library location? Also, if possible, could the library estimate the portion of FTE hours spent weekly for item checkout and check-in?
City Answer: The Library has 12 FTE that work across both Library buildings. Checkout = 7-10 hours/week, Check-in = 10 hours/week. Total = 17-20 hours/week for check-in/checkout across both buildings
- Question: RFP page 15, Section C.3 mentions a statement of work that will be required “prior to contract signing.” Could the library please confirm that, with regard to section C.3. specifically, this particular statement of work does not need to be submitted with the proposal?
City Answer: A statement of work is not required as part of this Request for Proposals. However, the statement of work that is mentioned should be and will likely be heavily based upon all information submitted by the selected vendor in their submitted Proposal.
- Question: RFP page 21, Section E.2 contains several cells that seem to be unlabeled. We understand that this page needs to be signed by an authorized company representative; does anything need to be added to the cells on this page?
City Answer: No. Nothing needs to be added. Additional space was provided to accommodate vendors who require multiple sign-offs/signatures on submitted proposals.
- Question: RFP page 36, Section E.7 mentions, under Circulation/Tech Services Staff Workstations, “other required peripherals; PC provided by library.” To confirm, will staff stations’ receipt printers also be provided by the library, or would you like vendor quotes for these?
City Answer: Please provide quotes for receipt printers.
Request for Bids, On-Call Tree Services
*****See Addendum #1 below for an updated timeline, including the Pre-Bid Meeting which will now be held on Tuesday, 01/24/2023 at 2:00pm in City Hall Council Chambers. Several dates, including the Bid Submittal deadline, were rescheduled due to urgent storm matters*****
Notice is hereby given that the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea is soliciting bids from qualified Contractors for Tree Maintenance Services to perform all aspects of urban forestry including but not limited to: tree planting, staking, watering, pruning, chipping, removal, and stump grinding within the public right-of-way, as well as trees on City properties, for standard, priority, and emergency maintenance services. Contracts may be issued to multiple contractors for a term ending June 30, 2025.