Can’t find a book you want?
Ask the library to purchase it.
Recommendations for Purchase – You can request the library purchase titles by logging into your account and choosing Your Purchase Suggestions from the menu.
Request it through Zip Books (books and audiobooks only)
Request books or audiobooks and have them delivered to your home! Just return the item to the library when you are done reading.
What qualifies for Zip Books service?
- Books or audiobooks (including Playaways) that are not already owned by the Library.
- Books must cost less than $50.00 through Amazon, or $75 for audiobooks or Playaways.
- Books must already be published – no forthcoming books or books published in the last six months. Submit a purchase request for new books.
How to request Zip Books
- You must have a current Harrison Memorial Library card in good standing.
- Complete the Zip Books request form online or and submit it in person at the Library.
- Library staff will review the request to determine eligibility. We will send an email update about your request status within 1 week.
- If your Zip Books request is approved, you will receive a package containing your requested item and a note on the packing slip indicating ‘Zip Books’. Please keep the slip in the book until you return it to the library.
- You may request up to 3 Zip Books per month.
How to return Zip Books
- Zip Books item must be returned in-person to the Library. Please include the packing slip when you return the item to the Library service desk.
- You may not return Zip Books in the book drop
Try searching for it in one of our digital collections.
Request an Interlibrary loan
Books and articles can be borrowed from other libraries for a $5 fee. Ask your librarian in person, or call (831) 624-7323.
Check the Monterey and Pacific Grove Public Libraries
You can search both their catalogs with one easy search.