Information on Carmel Beach rules
CARMEL BEACH RULES – Updated 05/16/2022
Five (5) City supplied fire pits have been installed on the beach south of 10th Avenue.
User supplied propane devices are allowed. See below for more info.
BEACH FIRE RULES:
- Seasonally five (5) City supplied smokeless fire pits are installed on the beach and are available on a first-come, first-served basis May through September 15th each year.
- Please do not burn driftwood or trash and use water only to douse fires.
- User-supplied propane-fueled devices are allowed year-round and can be used for cooking.
- Must be located 25 feet from the base of the coastal bluff.
- Allowed between the hours of 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Located south of 10th Avenue (10th to Martin Way).
- Charcoal BBQ’s, fireworks, tiki torches, sky lanterns and other fuel tanks are prohibited.
- Bonfires are not allowed.
Alcohol is allowed on Carmel Beach, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. All persons consuming alcoholic beverages must be 21 or over and have identification with them. It is unlawful for any person to drink any alcoholic beverages on public streets, the stairs to the beach, or beach bluffs.