Carmel Beach during Covid-19
CARMEL BEACH RULES – Updated 03/31/2021
Monterey County, which includes the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea, is currently in the Red Tier (Substantial).
In the Red Tier, small private gatherings, including weddings are allowed outdoors with the following modifications:
- Masks and physical distancing required
- No more than 3 separate households attend (including the hosts)
- Multiple gatherings of three households cannot be jointly organized or coordinated to occur in the same public park or other outdoor space at the same time – this would constitute a gathering exceeding the permitted household limits
- Should be 2 hours or less
- Those with symptoms must not attend
- Those at high risk of severe illness strongly encourage not to attend
- Singing, shouting, chanting, cheering, or exercising strongly discouraged outdoors and not permitted indoors
BEACH FIRE RULES:
- User-supplied propane-fueled devices are allowed year-round
- Must be located 25 feet from the base of the coastal bluff
- Allowed between the hours of 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Located south of 10th Avenue (10th to Martin Way)
- BBQ’s, fireworks, tiki torches, and other fuel tanks are prohibited
On June 29, 2020, the California State Department of Public Health issued a Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings.
On July 13, 2020, the State Public Health Officer issued an Order which included as Order No. 8 that the guidance mandating the wearing of face coverings shall continue to apply statewide, except as specifically permitted in other orders or guidance documents.
On August 4, 2020, the City Council adopted an urgency ordinance providing that the Orders issued by the Governor, State Public Health Officer and the County Public Health Officer due to COVID 19 as currently in effect, or as subsequently amended, are enforceable within the City and authorizing the City Code Compliance Coordinator to issue criminal citations which would include criminal citations to enforce the terms of the Urgency Ordinance.
If you do not wear a face covering while in the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea you may be cited.
The City of Carmel-by-the-Sea appreciates your cooperation in adhering to the State and Monterey County Shelter-in-Place Orders. Please stay safe and we will all get together soon.
For more information on the Monterey County and State Shelter-in-Place Orders and COVID-19 please visit: Monterey County Shelter-in-Place Order.