At its June 30, 2016 Special Meeting the City Council adopted a Beach Fire Management Pilot Program. Please check back for further changes to the Beach Rules as the pilot program develops or contact the Public Works Department (831) 620-2070.
1. Wood-burning fires are only allowed in City supplied receptacles which are located south of 8th Avenue.
2. User-supplied propane-fueled fires are allowed south of 8th Avenue and must be at least 25 feet from the base of the bluff or dunes.
3. Wood-burning fires in city supplied receptacles and propane-fueled fires are allowed between the hours of .
4. Beach fires cannot be larger than 3 x 3 x 3 and should not contain trash or sharp objects.
5. Smoking is not permitted on the beach or scenic pathway.
6. Alcohol is allowed only on the beach. No alcohol is permitted on the roadway or pathway.
7. Temporary structures such as tents, canopies or other similar enclosures are not allowed.
8. Take all garbage and recyclables to the trash carts at the top of the staircases on the pathway or at Del Mar parking lot. Please help keep the beach area litter free.
9. Use stairways and or designated pathways for accessing the beach. It is not permitted to use the beach bluffs for access to the beach or to throw items such as firewood, chairs, barbecues, etc. down the beach bluffs.
10. Parking is allowed without charge along Scenic Road and at Del Mar parking lot until .
11. If you are planning a beach event you must contact the Community Activities Department at (831) 620-2020 to find out what type of event permit you will need.