Carmel-by-the-Sea's Planning Commission Meetings are open to the public. Regular meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 4:00 P.M. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located on the east side of Monte Verde Street between Ocean and Seventh Avenues.
Tour of Inspection:
Held at 3:15 P.M. the day of the meeting at the site of the first item on the Tour Agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain a General Plan.
- To develop Specific Plans as may be necessary or desirable.
- To review Environmental Impact Reports and Initial Studies.
- To periodically review the Capital Improvement Program of the City.
- To conduct public hearings, review evidence and determine requests for use permits, variances, rezoning and land use Code amendments.
- To interpret the meaning and intent of the City's Land Use Code.
- To hear and render decisions on appeals of determinations made by administrative staff.
- To determine the consistency with the General Plan of capital improvement projects and programs.
- To review and act upon design review and design study applications.
Current Planning Commissioners:
Jan Reimers, Chair
Marc Wiener, City Staff Member
Click here for Carmel-by-the-Sea Planning Commission Agendas & Minutes