Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees
Held on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 9:00 a.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority:
- To manage, control and administer any library building or library property which is now owned or may hereafter be acquired by the City; to make and enforce all rules, regulations and bylaws necessary for the administration, government and protection of the library under its management and all property belonging thereto;
- To administer any trust hereafter declared or created for such library and receive any gift, devise or bequest and hold in trust, or otherwise, property situated in this State or elsewhere, and, when not otherwise provided, dispose of the same for the benefit of such library;
- To purchase necessary books, journals, publications and other personal property;
- To purchase such property and erect and equip such building or buildings, room or rooms, as may be necessary when in their judgment a suitable building or portion thereof has not been provided by the legislative body of the municipality for such library;
- To require the Secretary of State and other State officials to furnish such library with copies of any and all reports, laws and other publications of the State, not otherwise disposed of by law;
- To borrow books from, lend books to, and exchange the same with other libraries, and to allow nonresidents to borrow books, upon such conditions as they may prescribe;
- To do and perform any and all other acts and things necessary or proper to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
- The Board of Library Trustees shall, on or before the thirty-first day of August in each year, make a report to the City Council of the City, giving the condition of the library on the thirtieth day of June preceding, together with a statement of its proceedings for the year then ended, and forward a copy thereof to the State Library at Sacramento;
- To raise money for special or library purposes through direct organization and operation of fund-raising campaigns or programs, or through the establishment of foundations or employment of persons for fund-raising.
Current Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees:
City Staff Member
Click here for Carmel-by-the-Sea Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees Agendas & Minutes