Community Activities & Cultural Commission
Carmel-by-the-Sea's Community Activities & Cultural Commission Meetings are open to the public. Meetings are usually held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (except for Holidays) at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located on the east side of Monte Verde Street between Ocean and Seventh Avenues.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority:
- To stimulate and encourage community, cultural and recreational activities within the City and to actively participate in the executions of these activities;
- To develop rules and regulations for conducting its business and meetings in accordance with the laws of the State and the City;
- To advise and assist the Community Services Director and, when requested, other City commissions and City public bodies, departments and residents of the City, on community, cultural and recreation programs;
- To remain cognizant at all times of the uses of the Forest Theater, Vista Lobos and the Scout House and endeavor to have such facilities put to their best possible use;
- To be cognizant at all times of the condition of the structures, grounds, and equipment of the facilities under its jurisdiction and bring to the attention of the City Council and the City Administrator proposals and recommendations for the maintenance, repair, uses and improvements of such facilities;
- To determine, in consultation with the Community Services Director, the terms of tenancies of the facilities referred to in subsection (D) of this section; to recommend to the City Council the rental rates and other terms of such use;
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council, the City Administrator and Community Services Director in regard to community activity and recreation matters and all such matters pertaining to public recreation and the use of recreational lands, facilities and donations.
Current Community Activities and Cultural Commissioners:
Judie G. Refuerzo
City Staff Member