Boards & Commissions
Carmel-by-the-Sea City Commissions
There are currently five Boards and Commissions: Community Activities & Cultural, Forest and Beach, Planning Commission, Historic Resources Board, and the Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees, which advise and assist the City Council in dealing with specific projects, policies, and issues. Terms for the City’s Boards and Commissions expire September 30 of each year.
- Planning Commission - 1 vacancy, 4-year term ending 2020
- Community Activities and Cultural Commission - 2 vacancies, 4-year terms ending 2020
- Harrison Memorial Library Board of Trustees - 2 vacancies, 3-year terms ending 2019
- Historic Resources Board - 1 vacancy, 4-year term ending 2020
- Forest and Beach Commission - 1 vacancy, 4-year term ending 2020
Applications for these vacancies will be accepted through 5:00PM, Friday, September 2, 2016. Applications are available here. Interviews will be held Wednesday, September 14, 2016. For further information about serving on a Board or Commission, check out the Board and Commission Member Handbook or contact Ashlee Wright, City Clerk, at (831) 620-2016 or email@example.com.